Spend a night in a cave, in total darkness, and listen to the sound of the animals from the jungle around you. A truly unique and unforgivable experience with mother nature.
You will also visit 4 caves during your trip where you will meet the local fauna (bats, monkeys, wild boars, deers, and if you are lucky tapirs, elephants, porcupines, etc.).
• Pick up from KL early afternoon for a 3-hour air-con 4x4 journey. We will stop on the way to buy some local fruits and food for the dinner.
• Explore 2 caves from the Taman Negara national park, including the amazing bat cave
• Prepare the camp, eat and relax around the fire
• Sleep in the cave, in total darkness either in a sleeping bag or in a tent (both provided)
• In the morning, explore 2 other caves from the Taman Negara national park
• Journey back to KL / Dop-off at Taman Negara headquarter also available
• The caves are dry and easily accessible with minimum crouching/climbing
• Shower block with cold water and toilets available near the cave.
• Dinner/Breakfast/Water/Snacks provided.
• Tent/sleeping bag provided.
• Torchlights provided
Hi there, my name is Mat and I have been trekking the Malaysian jungle together with the Orang Asli (the indigenous people of Malaysia) for the last 8 years. I am originately from France but I have settled in Malaysia and married a Malaysian girl. I can speak Malay fluently. Ask the locals and they will tell you that I know the country better than them! From a night in a cave, a dip in a local waterfall, a bite at some quirky food (buffalo's penis soup, monitor lizard, snake and more) to cultural insights, survival tips and information about the fruits, animals and plants of the jungle, you can be sure that you will learn a lot more about the country than you would expect from a foreigner ;) Full profile ⋅ Leave a Review
Receive special offers, VIP invites and exclusive updates for Kuala Lumpur.