You always wanted to be a DJ? Then be the rockstar of your next party with this 1-to-1 class!
Whether you want to spin in a club or just to impress your friends at the next house party, this fun and hands-on class is the perfect way to familiarise yourself with the different aspects of DJing. You will learn the fundamentals of mixing and scratching as well as insiders tips to put you up to speed in less than no time!
At the end of the class, you will be able to mix a 4-song set with the tracks of your choice and with the techniques you have learned.
The things that you will learn:
1) Get familiar with the equipment: turntable, decks, mixer, effects, speaker, MIDI controller.
2) Learn how to install, setup and make it all work.
3) Learn how to count the beats
4) Learn the basics of beat-matching
5) Learn how to make a transition between 2 tracks
6) Get to know the most common effects available
7) Learn how to perform a baby scratch and a cut scratch
8) Learn how to use a midi controller with its associated software of your choice: Serato / Traktor / Ableton Live
So come over and let's have fun!
Hi there, my name is Mat and I have been trekking the Malaysian jungle together with the Orang Asli (the indigenous people of Malaysia) for the last 8 years. I am originately from France but I have settled in Malaysia and married a Malaysian girl. I can speak Malay fluently. Ask the locals and they will tell you that I know the country better than them! From a night in a cave, a dip in a local waterfall, a bite at some quirky food (buffalo's penis soup, monitor lizard, snake and more) to cultural insights, survival tips and information about the fruits, animals and plants of the jungle, you can be sure that you will learn a lot more about the country than you would expect from a foreigner ;) Full profile ⋅ Leave a Review
Receive special offers, VIP invites and exclusive updates for Kuala Lumpur.