Follow in the footsteps of Jamie & Claire to learn about the historic locations linked to Outlander!
This option is intended for groups or individuals whose accommodation is located in or near to Inverness. You will be picked up and dropped off at your hotel, guesthouse or B&B at the start and end of the tour.
• Clava Cairns, a 4,000 year old burial site which closely resembles Craigh na Dun, where Claire travels back to the 18th century
• Culloden Battlefield where the last battle on British soil was fought in 1746 and ended the campaign of Bonnie Prince Charlie to reclaim his throne.
• Looking for Lallybroch
• Journey across to the Black Isle to visit locations linked to Fraser and Mackenzie Clan histories, including Castle Leod, the real-life inspiration for Castle Leoch.
• The beautiful ruins of Beauly Priory in Clan Fraser lands.
• Loch Garve to go 'Kelpie hunting'.
I was born in Glasgow, but moved to Canada with my family at the age of two. We spent 10 wonderful years in Ontario, but my Mum was very homesick for our native Scotland (who wouldn't be, right?). I completed High School in the beautiful Highland town of Nairn, right on the coast of the fabulous Moray Firth. I currently live in Stirling (though my heart is in the Highlands!) with my wife and daughter and get to enjoy the majestic Scottish countryside every single day! I'm a Professional Genealogist and Historian and for several years I have been sharing the stories and sites from my home country of Scotland with travellers from across the globe. I specialise in Ancestral, Clan-based and historical tours of Scotland for small groups of family and friends. I also operate a series of Outlander tours, inspired by the fabulous novels of Diana Gabaldon! My historical knowledge and genealogy skills ensure that my clients receive a totally unique experience and I take you on journeys 'off the beaten' track to share some of the most magical locations in Scotland. I hold an Honours Degree in History and a Postgraduate Degree in Genealogical Studies and I use these skills to create personalised tours for my clients, covering all regions of Scotland. I am a pioneer in the Ancestral Tourism industry in Scotland and am a Member of the Ancestral Scotland Welcome Scheme, devised by our national tourist board, Visit Scotland. I look forward to sharing our beautiful country with you and hope to welcome you very soon to Scotland! Full profile ⋅ Leave a Review
Receive special offers, VIP invites and exclusive updates for Inverness.