• This tour must be booked 4-6 months in advance, and by university groups. Tour guide no longer resides in New York City area, and has to commute by flight to conduct tour.
As covered by the New York Times, Gothamist, and Animal New York — #OccupyTourNYC encompasses all the sites that were relative to the Occupy Wall Street movement, including a walk through of Zucotti Park, the movement's nexus in 2011. In addition, the experience provides an informative narrative that incorporates both in depth research on past social movements taking place in Lower Manhattan, along with the guide's personal experience having lived at the Occupy Wall Street encampment.
• Wear comfortable walking shoes, there is a lot of walking involved.
• There is a restroom break; however it is best that a participant uses the restroom before the tour.
• The experience usually takes two and a half hours (sometimes longer, depending on volume of Q&A).
• This tour is encouraged for mature audiences (18-older)
• Study Groups: 10 minimum-30 maximum
• ALL PRESS/MEDIA & INQUIRIES: Please email me at Pella7387 @ Gmail dot com
— FOR INQUIRIES AND INTERVIEWS PERTAINING TO OCCUPY WALL STREET PLEASE EMAIL ME AT PELLA 7387 AT GMAIL DOT COM — Aloha, HOW YOU DOIN? My name is Michael Pellagatti. I am a history buff, freelance journalist and sightseeing guide. For most of my life I have lived in New York, until I relocated to Honolulu in 2019. My tours have been featured twice in the New York Times, and I have conducted excursions for the most prestigious academic institutions in the civilized world such as Yale, Columbia, and the University of London. When you are getting a tour from me, you are getting a tour from a living walking-talking encyclopedia! I am deeply involved with social justice causes in both New York and Hawai’i; being a fixture within independent media circles covering protests, breaking developments, and interviewing or featuring notable personalities such as Gloria Allred, and the late Pete Seeger. Everyone is unique in their own way, here’s what makes me unique. Professionally, I have one of the highest tour guide licensing test scores in New York City history (since the test was first administered in 2003) scoring 137 out of 150. I am the first, AND ONLY, tour guide in the history of the business to cover both New York and Honolulu. I have a legitimate claim to New York City's history, being among the small group of activists who camped out at Zuccotti Park on September 17th 2011, creating the Occupy Movement. By default that makes me a (not-so-famous) historical person not only as a tour guide, but also as an activist too! For more information follow me on twitter and Instagram @thepellareport, or visit the Counter Cultural Tour of NYC facebook page https://m.facebook.com/CCTNYC Full profile
Receive special offers, VIP invites and exclusive updates for New York City.