• Bored of the Classic Shanghai one-day tour listed by tour agencies (too classic to have fun)?
• Would love to truly experience Shanghai like a local (Eat pan-fried dumplings in French Concession)?
• Want to learn about Chinese history/culture and the evolving globalization (Enjoy a Mao-style hotpot dinner or climb skyscrapers in Shanghai)?
If one of your answers is yes, I'd like to present myself as your potential private tour guide in Shanghai.
My name is Julie. I grew up in China and studied International Relations at a prestigious liberal arts college in the U.S. After my return to China, I have lived and worked in Shanghai. With good knowledge of world history and excellent English (almost without an accent - only a bit American), I am an energetic, outgoing, and fun person to hang out with.
On weekend, I always like to show friends around the city and be their tour guides. Here on Vayable, I'd like to show you around Shanghai on weekend. (Being your tour guide fulfills my aborted plan of becoming a Chinese diplomat years ago.)
The tour can be customized to your interest/needs/time.
Rate: 150RMB/hour/per person (23.5USD)
Hours: 1~5 hours on weekend (Upon your request)
Meetup place: To your convenience!
• The Bund (International architecture gallery)
• Yuyuan Garden & Old Town Bazaar (traditional Chinese garden over 450 years old)
• Nanjing East Pedestrian Road (No. 1 commercial road in China)
• Jade Buddha Temple (Chinese Buddhist temple with jade Buddha statues) or Shanghai Museum (famous for ancient bronze ware collection)
• Xintiandi (Renovated old Shanghai residential houses known as Shikumen, stone framed house. Also a pub and restaurant area. )
• Lujiazui Financial Centre (now and future of Shanghai)
• Visit one observation deck among World Financial Centre, Jinmao Tower, or Oriental Pearl TV Tower
I am a world traveller who wants to a part-time tour guide to friends from all over the world :-) I sincerely hope to show you the real Shanghai and China. I've been to India, USA, Spain, France, Switzerland, Turkey, Singapore, Korea, Japan & most places in China. I know lots of world history and would like to hear your stories as well. Full profile
Receive special offers, VIP invites and exclusive updates for Shanghai.