On this tour you may find yourself snorkeling with Penguins or face-to-face with the most playful and delightful Galapagos native, the Sea Lion. Las Tintoreras is a small volcanic islet just 10 minutes away from the Isabela pier. The surrounding emerald waters abound with marine life including the internationally renown Galapagos Penguins and Blue-Footed Boobies. Sea Turtles are also common residents of this area. A brief walking tour across A'A' lava flows provides additional up close encounters with Marine Iguanas, resting White Tip Sharks, and a colony of Sea Lions. An openwater snorkel in the bay completes this marine adventure.
Tour Highlights and Inclusions:
• Look for Galapagos Penquins on the rocks or feeding in the water.
• Snorkel from the boat in the emerald waters of Isabela bay.
• Take a moderately strenuous hike through other-worldly lava formations.
• See nesting Blue-Footed Boobies dive-bombing their prey.
• Visit a Marine Iguana colony and see Sea Lion pups up close.
• Flamingo Lagoon & Tortoise Breeding Center
• Take a quick ride to visit an expansive coastal lagoon that serves as one of the primary breeding grounds for flamingos. Next, become intimately acquainted with the giant (and not so giant) Galapagos tortoises as we visit the Tortoise Breeding Center on Isabela. This preserve houses Galapagos tortoises in all sizes and stages of development. Learn about the intensive efforts underway to help repopulate the islands with these majestic creatures.
Receive special offers, VIP invites and exclusive updates for Ecuador.