Pakerisan River and its watershed had been announced as one of Bali’s UNESCO world heritage rites. It includes the famous Tirta Empul holy spring and Gunung Kawi temples and several other historical temples which are seldom known by visitors. We would like to take you into a cultural yet spiritual journey to these important sites in a Cultural Walk.
• Hotel pick up in the morning and drive up to Tampaksiring village.
• First stop is for Charity visit to a village school.
• Visit Local organic farm to learn about Bali coffees and spices.
• Starting point will be Pegulingan temple with its remaining archeological Buddhist and Hinduism temples.
• Purifying blessing bath in Tirta Empul Temple
• The walk continues to centuries aged temple of Gunung Kawi, throughout native villages and unexploited rainforest valley.
• Several breaks are made during the walk where fresh young coconut will be served for refreshment.
• Visit the local Priest in their compound as well as explain the community living system of Balinese people.
• The walk is ended by beautiful view of hectares of rice fields and learning Bali’s old irrigation system of Subak Pulagan which also nominated as one of the eldest Subak in Bali.
• The whole trip last approximately 6 hours
• Lunch in Local restaurant surrounded by rice paddies in the village of Laplapan.
Free return transfers to your Hotel is then included.
“FriendsinBali” is a small local found company specializes in organizing cycling and trekking trips for traveler based in village of Tampaksiring, Bali. Like no other company, FriendinBali was established to fully support the local young talented Balinese to get a better living. We often learned that due to economic challenge these days, much talent had been kept undeveloped especially young unschooled people in villages where chance of working is quiet limited. In FriendsinBali we encourage them to keep their spirit up, keep learning to get a better earning for their family. We taught them English and Customer Service, then let them guide the guest on cycling or trekking trip where they can genuinely share information about Bali and their culture as Balinese. We also had started our little foundation “FriendsinBali Charity” where we always allocated funds from guest expenses to provide some school equipment to be donated especially for Elementary school student. Guests are always recommended to join by donating any unused stuffs that probably can be useful for the children during the Cycling or Trekking trip. By joining us, you had shown your kindness and contribution in helping Balinese. Full profile ⋅ Leave a Review
Receive special offers, VIP invites and exclusive updates for Tampaksiring.