Go beyond the beaches for a fantastic week of volunteering and exploring in vibrant Mexico. This trip combines volunteering for local community development with snorkeling, hiking, zip-lining, visits to traditional villages and more.
Volunteers travel individually (or with friends) to Puerto Vallarta Mexico, and are transported to Bucerias where the group will be staying in the guesthouse. The week consists of volunteering, adventure activities, and plenty of time to relax, shop, and get to know the local area. Exact schedule depends on number of volunteers and local need at the time. Therefore, exact schedule will be distributed to all registered volunteers two weeks before departure.
As a volunteer you may:
• Paint murals as a part of community beautification
• Participate as a part of a beach clean-up team
• Build a park from recycled materials
• Serve lunch to disadvantaged children and youth
• Teach English to community members (learning English enables them to be meaningfully employed in the tourist economy, which is the mainstay of the local area)
• Assist in a travelling spay and neuter clinic for cats and dogs
If you have a skill that you would like to teach, we may be able to arrange for you to teach these two local youth or women’s groups. Examples of skills include:
• Arts and crafts
• Topics in health education
• Yoga, dance or sport
• Other ideas you want to approach us with
The exact schedule of volunteer activities will depend on final group size and is subject to change.
Receive special offers, VIP invites and exclusive updates for Punta De Mita.