This is a sightseeing tour of the Huntsville Metro Area-better known
as the Rocket City. Huntsville, Alabama is one of the fastest growing areas in the country. It is one of America's Best Kept Secrets.
This metro area is full of natural beauty. It is small town living with big city amenities. The Huntsville Metro area is home to the Redstone Arsenal, the U.S. Space and Rocket Center, and the Marshall Space Flight Center. There are many great festivals to enjoy throughout the year.
The Huntsville metro area is growing by leaps and bounds. It is a great place to retire, because taxes and insurance are low.
1. The Huntsville Tourist Center: Pick-up brochures and get an overview of Huntsville past and present
2. Monte Sano State Park: Lookout Mountain gives a panoramic view of the entire Huntsville Metro area. It is breathtaking.
3. Downtown Huntsville, Alabama: Includes tour of downtown area and Historic Homes
4. University of Alabama Huntsville: Huntsville Research University
5. Cummins Research Park: the second largest research park in the United States.
6. Bridge Street: a lifestyle center (shopping center) in Huntsville, Alabama, USA
7. Lunch at the New Orleans PoBoy Factory or Mango's Restaurant (not included in price of tour)
My name is Gregory Bazile. I was born and raised in New Orleans, Louisiana. I relocated to the metro Huntsville, Alabama area after losing my home in Hurricane Katrina in 2005. I love it in Huntsville, because it is country living with big city amenities. Fortunately, I was able to retire and purchase a home after Hurricane Katrina. I am a retired Accountant who worked for Exxon Company for 18 years and Tulane University for 6 years. Currently, I volunteer with the St. Vincent DePaul Society and Meals on Wheels. I decided to join these two organizations, because I love helping people be the best that they can be. I love to travel near and far, play tennis, fish, go to estate sales, listen to music, and discover new places near Huntsville. My favorite mantra: A colorful plate is a healthy plate. Full profile ⋅ Leave a Review
Receive special offers, VIP invites and exclusive updates for Huntsville.