• Enjoy 3 Pizza tastings from some of Greenwich Village’s best-known pizza restaurants
• Discuss the art of making pizza with one of New York’s top pizza chefs
• Toast to Village legends at 2 of the West Village’s most famous and notorious bars – including a former speakeasy and a bar that was one of the main hangouts of the Beat Generation. The first beer at each venue is on us!
• Insight, anecdotes and insider knowledge from your dynamic local tour guide
• Walk in the footsteps of some of America’s best-known writers, artists, and musicians along the quaint tree-lined streets and architecture of the West Village
• Be transported back to the many eras that made Greenwich Village so unique, and learn how Village luminaries lived and drank in the neighborhood.
J.D. Hirsch started taking friends and family on walking tours of the city he loves and then started a company that does it every day. His biggest motivation was to make sure his guests experienced The TRUE New York. Through years of exploration, he had discovered the secret hideaways, and hidden gems that make New York unlike any other city in the world. He combed the streets, tasting authentic ethnic cuisines and culinary delights not found in any guide books. His lengthy walking adventures took him to dinky mom-and-pop specialty food shops, and ethnic eateries, which have stood the test of time. He began compiling a best of list in search of the best delicatessens, bagel and knish shops, coffee houses, bakeries, candy stores, hamburger joints, pizzerias, and so much more. Full profile ⋅ Leave a Review
Receive special offers, VIP invites and exclusive updates for New York City.